Dec 15, 2011
CHICAGO (December 15, 2011) – In the spirit of the holiday season, Aon Risk Solutions, the global risk management and insurance brokerage business of Aon Corporation (NYSE:AON), developed a Top 10 list of risks for Santa Claus in 2011.
Santa’s Top 10 Risks
1. Workers’ compensation for repetitive stress claims made by elves on Santa’s toy assembly line
2. Valuable paper coverage – Santa would be lost without his list (especially now that it has already been checked twice)
3. Kidnap and ransom – naughty boys and girls will stop at nothing to get what they want for Christmas
4. Supply chain interruption – North Pole weather is unpredictable and even Santa and his suppliers are not immune to the impact of tighter regulations on toy safety
5. Bed bugs – with his level of travel, unwelcomed guests in Santa’s sack are a major consideration
6. Employment practices liability - thanks to disgruntled elves
7. Incidents involving Santa’s pet reindeer Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph
8. Product liability for toys made and delivered
9. Weather – Santa travels from one extreme to another in a very short time with no guarantee of clear skies
10. Aviation third-party risk re: Santa’s sled and reindeer
Aon Risk Solutions experts are available for an interview or to help you develop an article or op-ed story about Santa’s biggest risks. This Top 10 list can stand alone or complement a broader piece.
Kelly Drinkwine Cybil Rose
Follow Aon on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aoncorp
Sign up for News Alerts: http://www.aon.mediaroom.com
Aon Corporation (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit http://www.aon.com for more information on Aon and http://www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
If you elect to comment or engage with our content via third-party social media websites, you authorize Aon to have access to certain social media profile information. Please click here to learn more about information that may be collected when using these tools on Aon.com