400 words…under a two minute read
What’s new: In the wake of recent bank insolvencies, Fast Company discusses how venture capital firms and the companies they fund face new challenges – including finding new sources for capital.
Access to capital is one of the most pressing needs for any business. Helping companies both protect and maximize the value of their intellectual property (IP) is vital in today’s global economy. Aon helps organizations access minimally or non-dilutive growth capital by valuing intangible assets and structuring capital solutions backed by insurance that leverage such value.
- Aon has changed the way companies position their intellectual property to help them articulate and realize its full value in an M&A or financing transaction through our Quality of Intellectual Property report (QoIP).
- Aon’s 2022 Intangible Assets Financial Statement Impact Comparison Report - produced in collaboration with independent researcher Ponemon Institute - provides insights to help organizations determine the optimal amount of risk transfer, including insurance, to mitigate the financial statement impact of intangible asset losses and potentially increase the value of the underlying intangible assets. Learn more here.
- Read more about how Aon helps growth companies articulate and realize the value of their IP portfolios in Techonomy. Some examples include Blue Spark Technologies, CHASM Advanced Materials and LiquiGlide.
Aon has established itself as a leader in the IP-backed lending space. To date, Aon has supported more than $1 billion of financing in the market, through the services offered by its IP Solutions group and the lending strategies offered by Aon Advantage Funds LLC, an affiliated registered investment adviser of Aon. In 2022, Aon was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for its ground-breaking IP solutions.
Aon Advantage Funds LLC recently launched a new investment vehicle that seeks to provide innovative growth companies, primarily in North America, with new ways to access capital based on the value of their IP. M&G Investments, a global asset manager through its Catalyst private assets strategy, has committed $300 million in capital to the new vehicle.
- According to Matthew Farrar, managing partner and head of Aon Advantage Funds, LLC, “Aon Advantage Funds can help organizations protect and grow their business by matching capital with companies that have transformative technologies, enabling better capital decisions for emerging companies.”
- Learn more here and in Reinsurance News.